Thursday, December 22, 2011

The "Dirty Dozen"

I was talking to a co-worker a couple of weeks ago that is very knowlegeable about nutrition and health. The topic of conversation was the overwhelmingly high cost of groceries and whether or not it is worth it to purchase organic fruits and vegetables. She told me about the "dirty dozen," and that if you are going to buy organic, you should focus on those items. I had never heard of this term before. I was aware of the fact that some fruits and vegetables are more suseptable to pesticides. So, I decided to do some research, and this is what I found!






According to the Gracious Pantry, you should save your money and focus on purchasing the following fruits and vegetables that contain the highest amount of pesticides.

~Peaches
~Apples
~Bell Pepper
~Celery
~Nectarines
~Strawberries
~Cherries
~Pears
~Grapes
~Spinach
~Lettuce
~Potatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment